Taiwo Lateef Sheikh is a Specialist in Neuropsychiatry, a University professor and Administrator.
Presently a working at Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Kaduna as Consulant Psychiatrist and Medical Director/CEO, managing patients with mental disorders, offering extension services to internally displaced victims of psychological trauma, offering psychosocial and support services, training health care personnel (Residency training of Doctors, Post Basic Psychiatric training of Nurses, Teaching Medical Students and Primary Health Care Workers) in mental health related fields. Resource person, Trainer and Examiner at the West African Post Graduate Medical College.
Prior to present position, was the Head of Department of Psychiatry, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Studied Medicine at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Nigeria (1985), M.Sc Clinical Pharmacology (1992).
- Fellow, West African College of Physicians.
- Certificate in Harvard's Global Mental Health: trauma and recovery.
- Inducted into Kwame Nkrumah Hall of Fame for distinguished service to humanity.
- Awarded best Chief Executive Officer of Tertiary Health Institutions in Nigeria in 2011.
- Member, Association of Psychiatrists of Nigeria.
- Member, West African Society for Pharmacology.
- Member, African Trauma Society.